You can use the Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to transfer data to and from Jedox Cloud.
To connect to a machine via SFTP, you need the following:
- Credentials and a dedicated SFTP key for your Cloud environment, as provided by in an email from Jedox Support after your order was placed.
- An SFTP client. On Windows, you need to download and install one, such as WinSCP. On Linux and Mac, the SFTP client is usually present by default.
- You must email your static IP to Jedox Support so it can be added to the Jedox whitelist for SFTP connections. To find your IP, go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/.
Example of an SFTP connection setup:
After setup of the SFTP connection, the following folders will be available under /ps/user_data/live/:
Keeps both snapshots triggered by Integrator and complete daily backups.
The actual data from the Jedox system:
Adding a new Jedox database into Jedox Cloud
- Connect to the Jedox Cloud environment with your SCP client of choice.
- Copy the new Jedox database folder into the /ps/user_data/live/data directory.
- Restart the machine from the production console. The new database will be available in the Jedox Web Modeler.
Updating a database in Jedox Cloud
- Open Modeler in Jedox Web of your Jedox Cloud instance.
- Delete the existing database that you want to update.
- Add the updated database version as described above.
Fetching data from Jedox Cloud to a local machine
- Connect to Jedox Cloud using WinSCP.
- Go to /ps/user_data/live/backup/backup and copy the desired files from your daily backups.