You can use the Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to transfer data to and from Jedox Cloud.
To connect to a machine via SFTP, you need the following:
- Credentials and a dedicated SFTP key for your Cloud environment, as provided by in an email from Jedox Support after your order was placed.
- An SFTP client. On Windows, you need to download and install one, such as WinSCP. On Linux and Mac, the SFTP client is usually present by default.
Example of an SFTP connection setup:
After setup of the SFTP connection, the following folders are installed:
The actual data from the Jedox system:
Keeps both snapshots triggered by Integrator and complete daily backups.
Note: as of January 2020, Jedox is rolling out new infrastructure, and this folder will be deprecated as part of that process. See Technical Changes for Cloud Users for more information.
Adding a new Jedox database into Jedox Cloud
- Connect to the Jedox Cloud environment with your SCP client of choice.
- Copy the new Jedox database folder into the /Data directory.
- Restart the machine from the production console. The new database will be available in the Jedox Web Modeler.
Updating a database in Jedox Cloud
- Open Modeler in Jedox Web of your Jedox Cloud instance.
- Delete the existing database that you want to update.
- Add the updated database version as described above.
Fetching data from Jedox Cloud to a local machine
- Connect to Jedox Cloud using WinSCP.
- Go to /ps/user_data/live/backup/backup and copy the desired files from your daily backups.