You can use the Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to transfer data from and into Jedox Production Cloud.
To connect to a machine via SFTP, you need the following:
- Credentials and a dedicated SFTP key for your cloud environment. Provided together from Jedox Support after your order by email.
- Send in your email your static IP. It must be added to the Jedox whitelist for SFTP connections.
To find out your IP, go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/.
- An SFTP client. On Windows, you need to download and install one, such as WinSCP. On Linux and Mac, the SFTP client is usually present by default.
Example of a SFTP connection settings:
After setup of the SFTP connection, the following folders will be available:
Keeps both snapshots triggered with ETL and complete daily backups.
The actual data from the Jedox system:
Adding a new Jedox database into your Jedox Cloud System
- Connect to the cloud environment with your SCP client of choice.
- Copy the new Jedox database folder into the
- Restart the machine from the production console. The new database is available in the Jedox Web Modeler.
Updating a database in the Jedox Cloud System
- Open Modeler in Jedox Web of your Jedox Cloud System.
- Delete the database for which you have an updated version.
- Add the updated database version as described above.
Fetching data from your Jedox Cloud System to a local machine
- Connect to your Jedox Cloud System using WinSCP.
- Go to
backup/backupand copy the desired files from your daily backups.