Once you logged in to a Jedox account, the first screen you will reach is the reports section, which lets you navigate, filter and open Jedox Web reports created and published to the Report Manager in Jedox Web.
See Jedox Web documentation for more information on creating and publishing reports.
See Tags in Jedox Mobile for more information about additional tags available in Jedox Mobile.
Note on iOS:
Arial, Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Garamond, Georgia, Lucida Console, Lucida Sans, Palatino Linotype, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana are supported.
The fonts Arial Black, Calibri, Segoe UI, and Tahoma are not supported and will be displayed with the font Arial.
By tapping on one of the reports, the report opens in a new screen:
Reports get automatically resized to your device resolution. You can pinch zoom to adjust the size of the report.
Reports can be used in Jedox Mobile the same way they can be used in Jedox Web. But most of the controls have a responsive alternative to make them easier to use on a mobile device (e.g. drop-down menus or the planning assistant).
You can close the report and go back to the navigation screen by tapping the back button on upper the left side. You can share a snapshot of the report via the usual channels provided by our operating system. To do this, tap the button on the upper right side.
Creating Ad Hoc Reports
To create an Ad hoc Report follow these steps:
- Go to the Ad hoc Reports section in the Jedox Mobile interface. Here you can see previously created Ad hoc reports or create new ones.
- Tap the Add button on the top-right corner. This allows you to create a new Ad hoc report. If there are no Ad hoc reports yet, you can also tap Add Ad hoc report at the bottom. The following screen is displayed:
- Add the following information to create a new Ad hoc report:
Title A unique name for your new Ad hoc report (make sure that this name is not already used by another Ad hoc report). Database The Jedox database that is used to fetch the information from Cube The Jedox cube with the dimensions you want to use in your Ad hoc report Column The axis dimension on the horizontal side Row The axis dimension on the vertical side Zero-suppression If this option is enabled, the Ad hoc report displays only dimension elements which contain non-zero values
- Tap Done on the upper-right corner. The newly created Ad hoc report is displayed:
The first view that opens is the Grid view. You can also choose the following graphical representations of your data with the buttons on the bottom of the screen:
- Bar chart:
- Line chart:
- Pie chart:
- Map chart:
To use the map chart, select a dimension containing country names as the row dimension and put an SQLite database file in the installation folder of the Jedox Suite that contains a table called
geo_countries with the following columns:
- name: country name as used in the Jedox OLAP dimension
- longitude: longitude of the country
- latitude: latitude of the country
Set the following two keys in Jedox Web > Administration > Settings:
|mobile.geo.db_path||the path to the SQLite database file relative to the Jedox Suite’s installation directory root (Linux) / absolute path (Windows)||string|
In the top-right corner of the Ad hoc Reports screen there are five different buttons to change settings for your current Ad hoc report:
- Toggle data bars: toggles display of data bars in cells of the power grid.
- Swap: swaps dimensions on column and row axes.
- Filter: applies filter criteria to point-of-view dimensions.
- Edit: edits the layout of the view, such as which dimension will be displayed.
- Share: uses a standard share functionality on the device to open the current layout in third-party applications, e.g. opening the current data grid as a PDF attachment in the mail client on the device.
The Documents screen shows all documents that are stored within Jedox Web and available for the current user. These documents can include third-party content not managed directly by Jedox, e.g. PDF, PowerPoint files, images, videos, as well as folders, etc.
If you try to open a document for which there is a native app on the device to handle this file format, Jedox Mobile will offer to open the document in this app automatically, e.g. in Excel, PowerPoint, or Acrobat Reader.