Jedox Web is a web-based app that allows you to plan, analyze, and report, as well as build configurable dashboards, manage databases and data integration and more, using an intuitive interface, with no coding knowledge required. The app runs in your default web browser, for both Jedox Cloud and an On Premise installation.
In Windows, access Jedox Web via Start > All Programs > Jedox > Jedox Web. The login dialog is displayed in the setup language:
By default, the administrator login and password are both admin.
After logging in, the Jedox Web start screen is displayed. On Cloud Trial environments, Jedox Web opens with the Cloud Homepage, which gives you quick access to demo reports, and learning materials.
Otherwise, the Jedox Web home screen is shown, giving you access to several panels which contain the various components of Jedox Web. You can always navigate to the home screen by using the keyboard shortcut CTRL + H.
You can also see a list of the recently open items and their corresponding thumbnails. To clear this list, go to Options > General > Overview Page > Clear List.
The panels that are displayed in your Jedox Web home screen depend on your Jedox license and access rights. While the “admin” user always has access to all panels, other users might only be able to see specific panels, such as “Reports”.
In addition to the start panels there are also the following buttons on the left corner:
From left to right:
• Jedox Web home screen
• Recent documents
• Help (active only after registration at Jedox Online under Options)
• About Jedox
Creating a Jedox database view
This section offers a quick example of how to create a Jedox database view using the available demo data.
- Click on Report Designer > New > New Spreadsheet to create a file called “Test1”.
- Double-click the new file to open it. You will notice immediately that the format of the Jedox spreadsheet is identical to widely used spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice Calc.
- After creating a new spreadsheet, place the cell pointer in A1. Go to Query > Paste View … to easily create Jedox database views on a worksheet.
- A dialog box opens. Select which dimensions and elements you want to see and how they should be arranged. You can drag and drop the dimensions from the page area (current location) to the row titles or column titles areas:
- Move the dimension Products to the row titles area and the dimension Regions to the column titles area.
- Click Paste. The following view is displayed (the value in C7 may differ, it depends on the stored demo database values of the current installation):
Panels in Jedox Web
In Reports, end users get access to reports that were created in the Report Designer and published.
In the Report Designer, you can create and design spreadsheets which can serve as reports, dashboards, or data entry sheets (and more), and manage other files. Also see the article Jedox Spreadsheet Basics.
The Modeler allows to create and manage Jedox databases.
In the Scheduler, recurring tasks can be managed, for example for the generation and distribution of PDF reports or integration of external data.
Integrator projects are used for importing and exporting mass data from source system such as data warehouses.
My Models shows which Models have been installed, and allows updating them.
Marketplace gives you access to all available Models for Jedox.
In the Administration panel you manage users, data connectivity, inspect the system status, change general settings, and more.
Learn more about Jedox Web with the free online courses from Jedox Academy! Just enter your email address when prompted, and the video will load.