- Download the Jedox software.
- Double-click the setup file and carry out the setup with the default settings. After a successful installation of the Jedox software (Server and Excel Add-in on the same computer) and restarting Excel, you will see the Jedox Ribbon:
Jedox comes with a demo database that you can use to create a Jedox database view.
Creating a Jedox Database View
- Open a blank Excel workbook
- Select the command “New View” in the Jedox Ribbon. This command allows you to easily create Jedox database views on a worksheet.
- In the dialog box, select which dimensions and elements you want to see and how they should be arranged.
- With drag and drop, move the dimensions from the page area (current location) to the row titles or column titles areas:
- Move the dimension “Products” to the row titles area and the dimension “Regions” to the column titles area.
Pasting and Changing a View
- Click the “Paste” button. You receive the following view (the value in C7 may differ, it depends on the stored demo database values of the current installation):
- Using the techniques described above, arrange the following view (the shown data values may differ, they depend on the stored demo database values of the current installation):
This article demonstrates how simple it is to display the data from a cube and change an existing view in an Excel worksheet using Jedox.
Learn more about Jedox:
Jedox Training Courses
more at http://jedox-academy.eventbrite.com