The Modeler allows you to create new dimensions and delete existing ones.
Creating a new dimensions
To create a new dimension, follow the steps in the example below:
- From the Modeler, select the Demo database.
- Click Dimensions to expand the list of dimensions in the database.
- Create a new dimension by either right-clicking Dimensions and selecting New… or by clicking the icon, as indicated in the screenshot below:
- The New Dimension dialog appears, where you can enter a name and description of the dimension. You can also select from a list of templates, which define the elements in your new dimension.
- If you don’t select any template, select the Predefined Subsets option to enable a set of predefined subsets for your dimension:
- Click OK to finish.
You can add your own template scripts that you can later use in the Modeler when you create dimensions. Go to
tomcat/webapps/rpc/WEB-INF/classes/rpc.properties. Give the
db_tmpl.dir= parameter the path to the directory containing custom scripts as a value. Within this directory, make sure you place the script file in the
Important: If you have custom template scripts in the old location (\httpd\app\etc\tmpl), make sure you move them to the location above and set a new configuration key in rpc.properties. For example, for Windows:
db_tmpl.dir=C:/Program Files (x86)/Jedox/Jedox Suite/tomcat/custom/templates. Make sure it is an absolute path (on Linux it must be absolute within the chroot). You must restart the Tomcat service after adding a new key value or changing one.
Deleting a dimension
You can delete a dimension by right clicking it in the modeler and selecting Delete.
Click Ok. The dimension is deleted from the server.
Important: Deleting a dimension from the server cannot be reverted.
Learn more about creating dimensions in a free online course from Jedox Academy! Just enter your email address when prompted, and the video will begin playing.