Dimensions can be created and deleted in the Modeler.
To create a new dimension, follow the steps in the example below:
- From the Modeler, select a database.
- Click Dimensions to expand the list of dimensions in the database.
- Create a new dimension by either right-clicking Dimensions and selecting New… or by clicking the icon, as indicated in the screenshot below:
- The New Dimension dialog appears, where you can enter a name and description of the dimension. You can also select from a list of templates to define the elements in your new dimension.
- If you don’t select a template, select the Predefined Subsets checkbox to enable a set of predefined subsets for your dimension:
- Click OK to finish.
Using a template automatically creates two predefined subsets: Base and All.
You can add your own template scripts that you can later use in the Modeler when you create dimensions. Go to tomcat/webapps/rpc/WEB-INF/classes/rpc.properties. Give the
db_tmpl.dir= parameter the path to the directory containing custom scripts as a value. For example, in Windows you would add the following parameter to the directory:
db_tmpl.dir=C:/Program Files (x86)/Jedox/Jedox Suite/tomcat/custom/templates. Make sure it is an absolute path (on Linux it must be absolute within the chroot). Within this directory, place the script file(s) in the dim subdirectory.
Important: If you have custom template scripts in the old location (\httpd\app\etc\tmpl), you must move them to the custom location above and set the configuration key in rpc.properties.
You must restart the Tomcat service after adding a new key value or changing an existing one.
Scripts files added in the directory need to conform to the naming scheme <number>_<templatename>.jds.
Deleting a dimension
You can delete a dimension by right-clicking it in the modeler and selecting Delete.
Click OK. The dimension is deleted from the server.
Important: Deleting a dimension from the server cannot be reverted.
Learn more about creating dimensions in a free online course from Jedox Academy! Just enter your email address when prompted, and the video will begin playing.