The Modeler allows you to add new databases (by creating or uploading them) and manage existing ones.
Adding a new database
You can add a new database to the server by creating it directly from the modeler or uploading it.
To create a database directly in the Modeler:
- Click and select Create new database.
- The New Database window is displayed, prompting you to give your database a name. Use a name that follows the naming conventions in Jedox.
- Click Ok. The database is added to the server, together with attribute dimensions and attribute, right and system cubes.
To upload a database from a file:
- Click and select Upload database. A dialog is displayed, prompting you to give your database a name, a password (optional) and select the file from which you want to upload.
- Select the location of the file: the local file system, the report designer or the server file system.
- Click Select. The database is added to the server.
Uploading from the local/server file system
If you want to upload a database from the local or server file system, make sure the file format is .zip (case-sensitive). You can either give the file path or browse your local system for it.
Uploading from Report Designer
The Upload Database window allows you to navigate the folder groups in the Report Designer and select database WinZip files for upload.
It is also possible to create a database using Data-Driven Modeling. The uploaded database can be viewed and managed in the Modeler.
Managing Existing databases and their objects
This area lists the existing databases of the connected Jedox In-Memory Database Server. You can expand/collapse each item to display the following:
After selecting an item, the corresponding details are displayed on the right of the screen.
By right-clicking on a single object, you can access the corresponding context menu commands.
Deleting a database
You can delete a database by right clicking it in the modeler and selecting Delete.
Click Ok. The database is deleted from the server.
Important: Deleting a database from the server cannot be reverted.