Even though spreadsheets in Jedox Web and Excel Add-in work in a similar way, there are some functionalities that are available only in Jedox Web or work slightly different than the ones in Excel Add-in. For more information on how to use them, see the questions below.
UI & Menus
- How do I use various Jedox tools to display and model data from a Jedox Database?
- How can I use elements such as ComboBoxes, Lists, CheckBoxes, Buttons, DatePicker and Labels to better display and access the data in my report?
Data & Data Sources
- How do I refresh/automatically refresh my data: Refresh, Auto-Refresh, Auto-Calculate?
- How do I set restrictions for my data input using Data – Validation?
- How can I prepare data sources for Data Validation, DynaRanges, ComboBoxes, and Lists?
- How do I create a shortcut to another location in my workbook, on the server or to a URL using the HYPERLINK function?
- How do I translate keywords in a report using the LOCALIZE function?
- How do I use the INFO function to return various types of information such as user groups or Jedox Spreadsheet Server version?
Adding Elements to the Spreadsheet
- How do I insert a function in a spreadsheet?
- How do I insert a picture in a spreadsheet?
- How do I insert a hyperlink in a spreadsheet?
- How do I use DynaRanges in my report?