Here you will find the software requirements for the following Jedox software: Jedox In-Memory DB Server, Jedox Web, Jedox Integrator, Jedox Excel Add-in, and Jedox SAP Connector.
Note: Jedox shouldn’t be installed on a NFS System (Network File System), because the JedoxSuiteHttpService doesn’t work correctly on this file system.
|Jedox Server Components 1)|
MS Windows 2)
Red Hat EL 6 / CentOS 6 or newer
Java Runtime Environment Version 8
JAVA Runtime Environment Version 8 is shipped with Jedox Linux Setup
|Supported Web Browser 5)|
|Jedox Excel Add-in 1)|
32- and 64-bit versions
|Jedox SAP Connector|
|Connector||SAP Java Connector (JCo) version 3.0 or higher 8)|
1) Jedox Server Components are:
Jedox In-Memory DB Server (former name: Jedox OLAP Server – Servicename: JedoxSuiteMolapService),
Jedox Web Server (Servicename: JedoxSuiteHttpdService), Jedox Spreadsheet Server (Servicename: JedoxSuiteCoreService),
and Jedox Integrator Server (Servicename: JedoxSuiteTomcatService).
For these Jedox components the latest versions of all following Visual Studio runtime packages need to be installed: 2013 and 2017.
Jedox Setup installs Visual Studio components automatically if not executed in silent mode. In case you want to install VCredist manually you can obtain the VCredist packages from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003.
Jedox needs additionally .NET Framework (Client Profile) 4.6.2 (if it does not exist, Jedox Setup asks for the permission to download and install .NET Framework).
2) Windows Installer 3.1 or higher must be installed.
All Windows operating systems (except Windows 10) require a specific update to run the VC Redist Installer.
It can be downloaded from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226.
3) For proper export of reports to PDF files, on Linux the 32-bit versions of the following libraries have to be installed, even if the system itself is 64-bit (see Additional Requirements for Linux):
- GNU C library (glibc)
- GNU Standard C++ library (libstdc++)
4) For Windows 7 SP1, we recommend that you perform all updates prior to Jedox installation.
5) Starting with Jedox Suite Version 3.3 a message is displayed for unsupported browsers. Linux versions of the browsers are not officially supported.
6) Only Java Runtime Environment versions of Oracle are supported. Java is needed for Apache Tomcat, which is used for the components Integrator, Scheduler, and Fopper.
If Java Runtime Environment Version 8 does not exist, then the Jedox Windows Setup prompts you for permission to download and install it. As of Version 7.1, Jedox requires the 64-bit version.
If an update or a change of the JAVA installation is needed, please read first the knowledge base article “About Java Installation Updates and Changes”.
7) To see the Jedox menu in Excel 2010/2013/2016, you must first install the MS Office VBA components.
8) SAP JCo is available from SAP AG at the SAP Service Marketplace.