- Databases that have been loaded in Jedox version 2019.2 cannot be loaded in version 2019.1 or older.
- Before you upgrade a production system, we recommend performing the update on a test system and to check it with appropriate plausibility tests.
Before you begin:
- Create a backup of your Jedox data (spreadsheets, reports, and DBs).
- You must have administrator rights to install Jedox software in Windows.
- We recommend stopping all Jedox services before you upgrade your installation. See Jedox Web Services for more information.
Updating Jedox* in Windows
You do not have to uninstall these components; they will be updated with the setup program.
If you do not change the identified paths and settings during the installation, then the existing databases and the existing settings will be preserved. In this case, it is not necessary to read back your saved data after you have finished the setup. If you change the paths detected, then Jedox will be installed anew without assuming the previous data.
During the update installation Jedox Setup will create a backup copy (including a timestamp in filename) of the following configuration files:
Note: after updating, loading may take longer than usual due to potential database conversion at first start. Jedox processes should not be stopped or shutdown until delay loading has finished.
* On Support Lifecycle you will find information which former Jedox versions are supported.