There are three separate transport packages. Each package consists of RFC-enabled function modules and SAP Data Dictionary objects that have to be transported to the SAP system. Depending on the SAP Netweaver release (Application Server ABAP, SAP Basis release), there are different transport packages.
The required transport files are delivered as part of the Jedox SAP Connector installation and can be found in directory <Jedox install path>\tomcat\webapps\etlserver\config\sap\sap-trreq
Description of the transport packages:
- Basic RFC-Package:
For SAP Netweaver from 6.40 to 7.30: Transport Package etlsap_rfc_trreq.zip
For SAP Netweaver 7.31 or higher: Transport Package jdxsap_rfc_731_trreq.zip
required for the generic SAP access with extract SAPTable.
- Package for SAP ERP:
For SAP Netweaver from 6.40 to 7.30: Transport Package etlsap_erp_trreq.zip
For SAP Netweaver 7.31 or higher: Transport Package jdxsap_erp_731_trreq.zip
required for specific SAP ERP content.
- Package for SAP BW:
For SAP Netweaver from 6.40 to 7.30: Transport Package etlsap_bw_trreq.zip
For SAP Netweaver 7.31: Transport Package etlsap_bw_731R_trreq.zip
For SAP Netweaver 7.40 or higher: Transport Package jdxsap_bw_740_trreq.zip
required for specific SAP BW content.
More details can be found in Technical description of SAP Transport Packages.
For a SAP ERP System, the transport packages 1 and 2 have to be installed.
For a SAP BW System, the transport packages 1 and 3 have to be installed.
To install a transport package:
- Unzip the transport package
- Copy the transport files to the transport directory of your SAP application server:
– The file with naming pattern K9*. to directory <drive>:\usr\sap\trans\cofiles
– The file with naming pattern R9*.to directory <drive>:\usr\sap\trans\data
- Import the transport using the SAP Transport Management System (transaction STMS). A detailed step-by-step description can be found here.
- Transport the transport request to the test/productive environment (transaction SE01).
These imports must be performed by a SAP Basis administrator.
Note: for SAP Netweaver Release 7.20 up to 7.30 you may have to choose the option “Ignore Invalid Component Version” for the transport in transaction STMS .