There are three separate transport packages. Each package consists of RFC-enabled function modules and SAP Data Dictionary objects that have to be transported to the SAP system. Depending on the SAP Netweaver release (Application Server ABAP, SAP Basis release), there are different transport packages.
The required transport files are delivered as part of the Jedox SAP Connector installation and can be found in directory ..\tomcat\webapps\etlserver\config\sap\sap-trreq
Basic RFC package required for generic SAP access using SAPTable extract:
|SAP Netweaver 6.40 to 7.30||Transport Package etlsap_rfc_trreq.zip
|SAP Netweaver 7.31 or higher||Transport Package jdxsap_rfc_731_trreq.zip
Package required for specific SAP ERP content:
|SAP Netweaver 6.40 to 7.30||Transport Package etlsap_erp_trreq.zip|
|SAP Netweaver 7.31 or higher||Transport Package jdxsap_erp_731_trreq.zip|
Package required for specific SAP BW content:
|SAP Netweaver 6.40 to 7.30||Transport Package etlsap_bw_trreq.zip|
|SAP Netweaver 7.31||Transport Package etlsap_bw_731R_trreq.zip|
|SAP Netweaver 7.40 or higher||Transport Package jdxsap_bw_740_trreq.zip|
More details can be found in the article SAP Transport Packages.
For a SAP ERP System, the transport packages 1 and 2 must be installed.
For a SAP BW System, the transport packages 1 and 3 must be installed.
Installing a transport package:
- Unzip the transport package
- Copy the transport files to the transport directory of your SAP application server:
- The file with naming pattern K9*. to directory <drive>:\usr\sap\trans\cofiles
- The file with naming pattern R9*.to directory <drive>:\usr\sap\trans\data
- Import the transport using the SAP Transport Management System (transaction STMS). A detailed step-by-step description can be found here.
- Transport the transport request to the test/productive environment (transaction SE01).
These imports must be performed by a SAP Basis administrator.
Note: For SAP Netweaver Release 7.20 or higher and for S/4Hana, you may have to choose the option “Ignore Invalid Component Version” for the transport in transaction STMS .