This article offers an example of how to create a frameset.
Create content for the framesets
- In Designer, create the spreadsheet “Content1” with the following view:
Enable the use of variables by detaching this view: View→Detach. In cell E3, enter =@Year.
- Create a new spreadsheet “Content2”. Insert a horizontal DynaRange with subset “Months” in C3:C5, and a vertical DynaRange with subset “Products” in B4:D4.
In C4, enter function (Query→Paste data function) PALO.DATAC and select the option “Guess arguments”. In the function parameters, replace “All Years” with @Year and “All Versions” with “Actual”.
- Create a new “Navigation” with links to “Content1” in C2 and to “Content2” in D2. In H4, create a ComboBox with the subset of the dimension “Years” as source and with the destination “Year” as a variable:
- Save and close the 3 files.
- Right-click and select Mark/Tag… > As frame for all 3 files (you can only add tagged files to a frameset).
Create the frameset
- In the Designer, go to New > New Frameset. The following window is displayed:
- Set the following properties: Widths: auto, Heights: 80 px, auto.
- In Frame1, insert the file Navigation.wss and set the following properties:
- In Frame2, insert the file Content1.wss and set the following properties:
Note: The selected options take effect only in user mode. A frameset can be established with one frame for export as XLSX Snapshot, PDF, or HTML. Without setting the frame, the export will be randomly selected.
- Click the Add button. The new frameset file is created.
- Name it “Frameset1”.
- Right-click it to go back to Properties > Frameset.
- Edit the hyperlinks in “Frameset1” like in the example below:
- Right-click on “Content1” and select Edit Hyperlink:
The following options are available for Display in frame:
_new Opens Content1 in a new tab. _self Opens Content1 in Frameset1. _top Closes the current frameset or current file and opens link in the same tab. Frame1 Opens Content1 in Frame1 – in our example used by Navigation. Frame2 Opens Content1 in Frame2.
- For this example, choose “Frame2” for both “Content1” and “Content2”. Then save and close “Frameset1”.
- Switch to Reports, drag the file “Frameset1” onto “Hierarchy” and switch to the user preview.
- Double click “Frameset1”. If you select the year 2015, the following is displayed:
- Click on “Content2”. The following view is displayed:
You can set the year with the ComboBox and quickly switch between “Content1” (Regions data) and “Content2” (Quarters data) with the hyperlinks.