When it executes tasks, the Scheduler sends e-mail notifications that you can configure with variable blocks in Jedox Web. These e-mails can contain information about task name and status, ETL job or project names, start date/time, end date/time, duration and error messages that have occurred during the task.
Creating and configuring a template
To configure an e-mail template, follow these steps:
- Go to Jedox Web > Scheduler > Templates. The Templates tab opens, allowing you to see already created templates and create new ones:
- Click Add New to create a new template.
- Name your template. For example, Default ETL Success.
- Add the content of your e-mail in the E-mail template section. Click any of the buttons under the text editor to insert a variable.
- Click Save. Your template is now available in the templates list.
Additionally, you can edit an existing template by selecting it from the list and making changes in the text editor.
Assigning templates to tasks
You can assign templates to the report recipients when you create a task. To do that, click on the template icon on the wizard and select the templates you want to assign for successful and failed tasks:
Additionally, you can send notifications to a custom e-mail address. In this case, only default templates are used.
You can also assign templates from the Tasks section in the Scheduler. In the Notifications tab of every task you select, click the Template icon and assign the desired templates to the users you want. For Batch PDFs, you can also select a group or several groups of users.