The Scheduler in Jedox will send emails in certain scenarios, such as to notify a user about the execution of a Jedox Integrator job or to distribute PDF reports.
To send these emails, a valid SMTP mail server connection must be configured in the Settings section of Jedox Web Administration:
The following keys in the Settings group “Global/Tasks/Smtp” need to be properly set:
- auth: setting to control whether to use authentication when contacting the SMTP server
- host: the address of the SMTP mail server
- password: the password of the user who authenticates on the SMTP server (see user key below). The password is stored encrypted.
- port: the port on which the SMTP mail server is contacted
- starttls_enable: setting to control whether the STARTTLS command usage is enabled
- user: the username with which Jedox will authenticate on the SMTP mail server
Information for Gmail users:
If you want to send Scheduler emails with Gmail, you have to allow less secure apps in the settings of your Gmail account: