A) Migration exclusive User Rights
For migration of a Jedox installation you have usually to export Jedox Reports and Jedox Integrator projects and then import them in the new Jedox installation. Additionally, you have to copy your databases.
Restart all Jedox services.
B) Migration inclusive Users with their User Rights
If you also want to migrate all users with their rights, then you also have to copy the database “System”.
Restart all Jedox services and execute final steps of point D to adapt the internal connection.
C) Migration inclusive Users with User Rights into an identical directory structure
If you install an identical directory structure on the new server, then you can also proceed as follows:
- Perform the Jedox installation on the new server.
- Stop the Jedox services on the new and old system.
- Replace the following directories on the new server (completely) by the corresponding directories of the old server:
Jedox_Installation_directory\Jedox\Jedox Suite\olap\data\ (here only the subdirectories)
- Restart all Jedox services and execute final steps of point D to adapt the internal connection.
D) Final steps for point B and C
The internal connection must be reset as follows:
- Delete the file <install_path>\httpd\app\etc\config.php.
- Check that all Jedox services have successfully completed their restarts. If there are big databases, then JedoxSuiteMOLAPService needs more time (if there is in olap_server.log the line “Delay loading finished” after the last line with content “Starting to listen…”, then all databases are loaded completely).
- Then restart Jedox Setup and select “Repair” (demos can be overwritten if desired).
It may happen that the “Repair” installation overwrites manually changed configuration files. Make sure you have a backup from which you can restore manually changed files.
The variant C has the advantage that all users as well as their rights, settings, and tasks are migrated. But this only works when all paths are identical. Adapted Supervision Server scripts must be manually reviewed and changes made in the old script files must be transferred manually into the new script files.