With these commands you can
- Store Excel files in the Jedox Web Report Designer
- Load Jedox spreadsheets in Excel
- Publish Excel files in Jedox Web Reports
- Store Excel files on Microsoft OneDrive
There are some limitations on which features/functions can be exported/imported. The main formats and PALO functions are supported.
To publish and to store Excel files in Jedox Web, or to load Jedox spreadsheets from Jedox Web in Excel, a connection to Jedox Web must meet the following conditions:
- A valid URL connection in the displayed format with a port specification.
- Valid user and password entries.
- The security token must match the entry CFG_SECRET in the file
- The connection must be defined as “Default”, as indicated with a red arrow in the screenshot below.
The following screenshot shows the entries for a connection to Jedox Web after a default installation:
The Publish button saves the current Excel sheet in the Report Designer of Jedox Web. You have the following options:
Convert to Jedox Web Spreadsheet: if checked, file will be converted to WSS file; if not checked, file will be saved as static XLSX file
Show log: sends a log file for the file conversion
Publish to Reports
The Publish to Reports command in the Publish drop-down menu publishes the current Excel sheet immediately in Jedox Web Reports. The file will be stored as WSS file in the Report Designer, in the “Published” folder in the folder group “Published Reports”. This folder and folder group will be created if they do not already exist.
Publish to Microsoft OneDrive
The Publish to Microsoft OneDrive command in the Publish drop-down menu stores the current Excel sheet as file [filename]_OLAP_Snapshot.xlsx, in which PALO formulas are replaced with the current values. If this stored file is opened in a system with a corresponding Jedox installation, you will receive the following dialog:
If you click Yes, then you will be reconnected with Jedox Server and Jedox tries guessing the previous PALO formulas in Jedox View cells. If you click No, the saved values will be displayed.
Edit Jedox Spreadsheet button
This button opens the Report Designer of Jedox Web to load a Jedox Web spreadsheet in Excel.