Numbers on chart axes and in labels can be formatted as percentages for most chart types. Tooltips use the same formatting as data labels. Dynamic charts are included in exports to PDF and HTML files.
Charts from XLXS files are imported as dynamic charts in Jedox Web, and dynamic charts are exported from Jedox Web to XLXS files.
However, there are some constraints regarding the import from or export to XLXS files that you need to consider:
- Unit formatting of chart series labels (thousands, millions, percentage) is not supported in XLSX exports. For axis labels, it is supported.
- For existing charts, the default title string =”” (which would be visible in the chart in an XLXS export) has to be removed in the chart properties dialog. All new dynamic charts will be created without this default title.
The default color palette that is used in new charts can be defined in Jedox Web Administration under Settings–Spreadsheet–Charts. Here, you can change the value of the key called “spreadsheet.charts.default_series_palette”. Possible values are shoal, hydro, copa, office, apex, aspect, or chaplin representing the existing chart palettes. A change of the value will be applied in any new session in Jedox Web.
Example: Chart with percent
Regarding the display of percentage values for chart series labels, there are two ways that charts handle this:
- Some charts, such as pie charts, calculate percentage values on their own, based on the distribution of values in the chart source range.
- Other charts, such as the standard column chart, do not calculate percentages. You can still set these charts to show labels formatted as percentage, but they will simply re-format the raw value from chart source range. For calculating the proportions of the raw values up to 100%, please use the 100% Stacked Chart types.
- As of Jedox 6.0, values between 0 and 1 are not automatically converted to percentages in Spark Pie charts anymore. If these values should be shown as percentages in the Spark Pie, they first need to be converted in the source (multiplied by 100).
Constraints when using Charts in Jedox Web
- Dynamic charts should not be crossed by Freeze Pane borders. Freeze Pane borders may cause various display errors.
- Charts will not be moved dynamically in the spreadsheet if a row or column is hidden, or if the width/height of the rows or columns changes.
- The initialization of charts during the load of a report is a complex process and depends on the timing of several interconnected calculations. Especially in scenarios where report variables are used, it is recommended to not only define the data source of the chart but additionally also set the options for data structure (“Group Data by”, “Category labels”, and “Series labels”).