The Jedox Web Advanced Rule Editor allows UI-driven creation and editing of OLAP rules.
The Advanced Rule Editor also supports creating and editing rule templates.
Description of the selection areas as indicated by the numbers in the screenshot above:
1. List box to define for which elements the rule applies to:
- All Elements
- Base Elements
2. List box for the selection of the rule form: In Version 7.0 only Classic form is possible.
3. List box to choose the target dimension.
4. Button „Gear Wheel“ to choose element(s):
If “Element list” is selected, the display of the inner element control changes. If you then open the „Choose Element“ dialog, selection of multiple elements is possible. The elements will be added in several controls, with the matching rule syntax. Furthermore you can select “Add” with a “Gear Wheel” of the gray list to add another element to the same dimension list:
5. List box for the selection of the rule content, e.g. classic rule, marker rule or function:
6. Button „Gear Wheel“ to choose „Expression“ or „Variable“ for the rule:
7. List box to choose the source dimension.
8. Button „Gear Wheel“ to choose an element or a function:
9. Button „Three Points“ to select an operator:
Rule formula tree is collapsed by default
As of Version 7.0 SR2, the formula tree of the Source in the Advanced Rule Editor will be collapsed by default from the second level onwards.
With the buttons (1) and (2) you can collapse resp. expand all source lines.
Additionally, users can now control whether the Advanced Rule Editor panel should be collapsed or expanded by default, via right button click (3) on the panel label ‘Rule Editor‘.